Woman has to eat every 15 minutes to stay alive but never gains any weight

    weight
  • Woman eats every 15-20 minutes
  • Diet includes doughnuts, pizza, cake
  • Condition means she can't gain weight
  • Join us over on Facebook | Twitter
SOME women would kill to be able to eat whatever they want and never gain weight - but for Lizzie Velasquez who has a rare condition where she must eat every 15 minutes to stay alive - it's a living nightmare.
The 21-year-old communications student from Austin, Texas, eats up to 60 small meals a day
Doctors believe her condition may be a form of Neonatal Progeroid Syndrome which causes accelerated ageing, fat loss from the face and body, and tissue degeneration,

Ms Velasquez said she consumes between 21,000-29,000kJ (5000-8000 calories) a day, but still only weighs 26.7kg and has to wear size triple zero clothes.

"I weigh myself regularly and if I gain even one pound I get really excited,” Ms Velasquez said.

"I eat every 15-20 minutes to keep my energy levels up.

"I eat small portions of crisps, sweets, chocolate, pizza, chicken, cake, doughnuts, ice cream, noodles and pop tarts all day long, so I get pretty upset when people accuse me of being anorexic."

Ms Velasquez's mother Rita, 45, said doctors had been unable to work out what was wrong with her daughter at first.

A book about Ms Velasquez's condition, which she helped to write, is due out in September.

reported the Telegraph.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP